InTouch Pediatrics takes the safety of our patients and staff very seriously. We’re adapting our office procedures as-needed during the Covid-19 pandemic. Please read the details below before your next visit.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Testing
In order to keep our patients safest and lower the risk of any exposures, our schedule is modified until further notice. We apologize for any inconveniences.
- Check-ups are now only scheduled early in the day. The last appointment is at 2:30pm.
- Sick patients are only seen at 3pm or later. Whenever possible, we will see sick patients in our isolation room, parking lot, or the sidewalk (masks are still required outside). Please call when you arrive.
- If we need to bring a sick patient into the office, we will not use that exam room again until after our air purifier has completely exchanged the air inside the room.
- Weekend visits may be limited to telemedicine
- We will limit each visit to one adult per child; other adults will be asked to wait in their car. The only exception is for newborn visits, when both parents will be allowed.
- Please do not bring siblings to an appointment unless they are also scheduled for an appointment or there is absolutely no alternative.
- New patients must complete registration forms and developmental screenings before being offered an appointment time.
- Telemedicine visits will be offered throughout the day whenever possible, or at the end of the day if there are no other open appointment slots.
Sanitation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Guidelines
- Please use hand sanitizer or a sanitizing hand wipe when you enter the office
- Exam rooms, equipment, door knobs and light switches are sanitized between patients
- Our waiting room is closed. You will be immediately escorted to an exam room.
- Our sign-in sheet, coloring pages, toys, and stickers have all been put away. Please bring your own toys if necessary. Feel free to ask for a sticker or prize at the end of the visit though!
- You may notice our air purifiers being used in the office, especially when sick patients must be seen indoors. Please don’t touch them!
All adults and children older than 4 years must wear a mask when inside our building at all times. Our staff will also be in masks at all times.
- Children 2-4 years old should be encouraged to wear a mask.
- Please do not remove your mask in the exam room.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. There may be an additional fee for masks.
- If you are wearing a mask with an exhalation valve, you will be asked to change to another style or cover the valve with another mask.
Charges and Other Fees
- You may notice additional billing codes listed on your statement, such as CPT 99070 or 99072
- These codes are approved by insurance plans to help cover OUR cost at keeping YOU safe, including PPE, cleaning supplies, air purifiers, and the extra time for screening.
- If the charge has been passed on to patient responsibility, our usual financial policy applies.